Tuesday, April 16, 2013

prayers for boston

i am still in shock from yesterday's bombings at the boston marathon. an AP breaking news alert popped up on my phone at work yesterday saying: "two explosions at boston marathon finish line." that is all it said, and it took the media 10 minutes to catch up and get details going. so for those 10 minutes i was frozen, refreshing every news page on my laptop, and calling my best friend to see if her family {who were in boston running the race} were okay. there's no sense in these types of attacks, and it can be so scary to get wrapped up in the horrible details. the only silver lining in an event like this is the refreshing outpouring of love, unity, and humanity that comes through. like so many have noted, when the explosions were heard, most people ran straight TOWARD them, instead of away from them. that is pretty amazing, and i hope i would have that same instinct. i wanted to share a few great links/ thoughts i've seen since yesterday to pay tribute to boston and the victims. i hope we can all join together, help the victims, and continue on without being scared. because we have to remember, that
 with every evil comes an army of good.

i love this, because in times of disaster it's so comforting to realize there are still so many helping & caring people in the world-- far more than any evil ones. i hope we can all honor the victims, while remembering that there is still good, and honoring
 those "helpers" and good people who proved that.

see stories of kindness in the aftermath here,
and see the heroes & helpers here and here.
...and, see how to help here.
sending prayers!
XO

10 comments:

  1. I think it's great that you mentioned that. The minute I hear something tragic has happened, especially something done by someone with the intent and purpose of harming innocent people, it hurts my heart so much and not only that, but fills me with this uncontrollable feeling of fear or paranoia. I do my best to pray and do as Mr. Rogers says, think of the helpers but the good outweighs the bad. My heart goes out for those who were hurt doing something positive like running a marathon, it's sad. I pray that everyone and everything will be okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's terrible, I hate that there are people out there that only want to hurt others.

    /Avy

    http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the quote by Mr. Rogers yesterday and it was so uplifting after watched the tragedy unfold on the TV. It shows that even in the worst of times, there's always a silver lining.

    And it's good to hear that your friend and her family are safe!

    - Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the positive note on this. I was so heavy-hearted when I learned about the bombings. You are right, and I love the Mr. Rogers quote. I may even steal that from you! Good always outweighs the bad in some manner.

    Thank you for the links! I feel so disconnected living in South Korea...I found out about the bombings on twitter.

    Amanda | Living in Another Language

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's crazy, isn't it? I can't believe anyone would want to do that - hurt innocent people who came to get inspired and cheer on the runners. A marathon is such an inspiring event, it's such a great example of strength and determination! Why wouldn't anyone want to spoil that? I just don't get it. I was so sad yesterday, I walked around in a daze all day.
    Thank you for reminding me about the helpers, that definitely helps restore my faith in humanity!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful post Emi, I love that quote. I can't imagine how scared you were during that time of not knowing how your friends were. LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i am still in shock from yesterday's bombings at the boston marathon. boston storage Secure Movers Co. Premier Boston Moving Company. Serving all Greater Boston. Our professional Boston movers will hard to help you and accomplish your Boston move from door to door with no stress

    ReplyDelete
  8. scenes that we had written to give the company director,to see more visit. boston moving companies Secure Movers Co. Premier Boston Moving Company. Serving all Greater Boston. Our professional Boston movers will hard to help you and accomplish your Boston move from door to door with no stress.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I’m agree with your comment. Canadian Moving Company is very helpful. Thanks a lot for sharing canada movers

    ReplyDelete
  10. I’m trust your opinion. Canadian Relocating Corporation can be quite helpful. Thank you a lot pertaining to revealing canada movers

    ReplyDelete

leave us some love! ♥♥