Monday, July 29, 2013

chinese calligraphy lessons

this was one of my favorite things we got to do..
you should have seen how excited i was for this!
we loved practicing the ancient art of calligraphy with a teacher.
she explained the meaning behind all the different strokes that
make up the letters, and it was so interesting! i may have to
get some brushes and ink of my own to keep on practicing now..
chase gave up after a while and drew the USA..haha and the teacher {jokingly} chose him as the winner of our class! she even pinned his up on the board! very proud moment ;)
^^ after the lesson we were able to look around the museum, it was beautiful ^^
more of xi'an to come!
xo

4 comments:

  1. Ahh! This is so awesome! I'm jealous!

    webberwonderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool! I laughed so much at his picture of the USA! I love that the teacher went with it. I cannot wait to visit China some day!

    xx
    Em
    Tightrope to the Sun

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha glad you appreciate chase's artwork. you should for sure go to china, you'd love it! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is super cool! China is starting to appeal to me now. I had no idea you could take calligraphy classes. That's pretty amazing :)

    ReplyDelete

leave us some love! ♥♥