Saturday, May 17, 2014

grad school grad!

let's talk about this for a second: since the day i
started kindergarten, i have never not been in school
elementary, middle school, high school,
straight through 4 years of college, straight
through 2 years of grad school. this fall will be
the first time i am not in some type of school!!
i don't know if i can explain how good it feels to
have graduated with my master's degree. not just
because it means school is over, but because getting a
graduate degree is something that has always been on
my goal list. i've always wanted to get as much education 
as possible, and i'm so lucky that through TFA i was able
to get my master's at an amazing school while working.
it was a lot but i am so glad i did it! the best part was 
having my entire family there because it fell perfectly at
the end of our trip in california together. best celebration!
^^ my dad took this panoramic while they were
waiting for the commencement to start.... have you ever
seen a nicer graduation setting? i'm pretty sure 
LMU is one of the prettiest campuses on earth!
^^ proud to be joining my mama who also has
her masters degree! and my dad too...smart cookies.
^^ my dad got me a lei and ran it up to me
right before the ceremony...so sweet.
^^ best family in the world!
^^ crossing the stage!
^^ showing off our master's "hoods"
^^ the cutest husband + supporter there is.
when they called my name he YELLED and stood
on a chair and waved his arms to make sure i could see
him from the stage. what person does that? love him so much.
^^ favorites. thank you for being at every 
single important moment of my life!
^^ these peeps have kept me sane during these 2 years!
^^ so has this guy
^^ yayyy!
 
^^ i love these pictures and this guy
^^ sweet little zachie even made it!
who knew graduating would get me so many kisses?
^^ so many reminders of how many amazing people surround me...
my grandma couldn't be there but sent the sweetest card and gift!
cheers to a new chapter!
who knows what comes after this,
but i know it will be good things.
i'm so lucky for all the education i've
been able to receive and hope i've given
some back through teaching with TFA!
i can't wait to see what's next. for now, i'm
soaking up no more essays and some freedom!!

xo

ps.. throwback to my undergrad graduation!
my parents have been there every step of the way,
and love that they both have graduate degrees.
see this article written by my dad 
about his experience going back to grad school.

22 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Wow, what a big accomplishment. I remember watching my husband receive his MBA and Doctorate of Pharmacy last year, and I was so overwhelmed with emotion just watching. I can't even imagine actually receiving those degrees! You worked so hard for this, enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yayayayayay!! Congrats! What a huge accomplishment. So happy for you

    http://abeautifulheart07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful accomplishment! Congratulations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, congrats, congrats!!! I'm so excited to hear about your adventures ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats pretty lady!!! <3

    Cait @ www.pieceofcait.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats!! I always love how people at California schools wear leis for graduation... I would love so weird doing that in Texas, but I think it is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha what? i thought everyone wore them at graduation! you should start a trend in TX :)

      Delete
  7. Congrats! What did you get your masters in?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much!! i got it in education because teach for america paid for most of it if you do it in education so it was great and i can craft it toward anything! Xo

      Delete
  8. Congrats! I have a really good friend who just finished her time with TFA and now she's moving to Chicago to continue teaching at a KIPP school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's so great! she will love KIPP. xoxoxo

      Delete
  9. Congratulations!! What an absolutely wonderful accomplishment and I'm still in awe that you do so much!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are the sweetest! it feels so great to be done! Xo

      Delete
  10. Congratulations!!! Best, Melissa

    www.animpulsetosoar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations, Emi! That is so amazing and well-deserved. :) Hope you lived it up over the weekend!
    Woohooo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations and well done you, I felt the same way when I graduated last year. It was strange not being at school but because I got a graduate job pretty quickly I didn't have to sit for long, now in corporate world I am wishing for school lol x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! What a great accomplishment! I'm assuming they have an extension campus up here?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes through TFA :)
      haha some people were confused..."were you commuting to LA?"

      Delete
  14. article is outstanding.Very good post.Hi thanks for sharing...........................
    Hotels in Manali

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have seen your blog its very nice, well design and very informatics.
    Hotels in Manali

    ReplyDelete
  16. So awesome! Such a pretty campus. Big congrats!

    ReplyDelete

leave us some love! ♥♥