Wednesday, November 5, 2014

falling in love with quebec city

. .quebec city. .
where do i begin?

this enchanting little city is filled to the brim with 
french culture, winding cobblestone streets, darling 
chalets, and cozy cafés. it absolutely stole our hearts. it'
the crown jewel of french canada, and a slice of europe 
in north america. it has the first cathedral built in north
america, it hosts carnivals that draw thousands, it has
character, charm, and it's impossible not to love it. 
there is no other place like it in north america.

i dare anyone to visit this town and not enjoy it.
a very high percentage of tourists who visit quebec
city later come back to it again, and i believe it 
because i'm already making plans for when we 
can visit next :) can you tell we adored it?


let's start by explaining that quebec city is perched
on top of a cliff looking over the st. lawrence river.
it is the only walled city in the US/canada, and it
really & truly feels authentically european, but with
the french candian influence. everyone walking around
(including us) is in awe and wondering how they
have never heard of/ made it here before.
i took one look at this street and about dropped to 
the ground with happiness. this is my heaven! ^^^
also my heaven: eating croque monsieurs + warm 
french onion soup in an old stone tavern watching the 
rain with this guy. take me back to this lunch!!!
french foooood! why is it so good?
biggest smile all day ^^^
^^ the fall trees + gorgeous buildings +
historic cathedral were too much.
i love this picture because i loved the château and liked
this cannon -- and this catches me taking it all in.
however, chase ruined it for me when he said..
 "it looks like your head is about to be blown by the
cannon!" haha...now i can only think that. thanks! :)
^^ i would not complain if this was my front door.
^^ after a rainy morning {which i loved}, the sun came
out which was also so gorgeous. i can't even imagine 
how pretty quebec city is during all times of the year.
we walked along this rain-soaked boardwalk as it 
dried out from the sun and admired the gorgeous château
frontenac. chase also filmed here, video coming friday!
and chase had a little too much fun here---
^^ and another year-round christmas store.. YAY
we explored all through the inside of château frontenac --
it's a hotel! staying here one day is on our list!
^^ this cobblestone alley full of art reminded me
of montmarte in paris. we strolled and perused so
many pretty paintings of quebec city. i always love
taking a little painting home of a place i love.
one day i need a big wall with all these little collections.
inside of the stunning cathedral-basilica of notre-dame 
de québec. it was the first cathedral in north america!
^^ snack break with our FAVORITE french canadian candy. 
^^ could this BE any more charming?
imagine it in the rain.
can't stop with the pictures, too many dreamy scenes!
these little hand-knit socks, so cute & so french ^^
^^ part of our rainy tour with the greatest local guide
who we loved --- and me in front of the famous wall.

we {obviously} loved quebec city. 
you will not be disappointed should you visit.

à bientôt!

xo

26 comments:

  1. So, so charming! Enchanting describes it perfectly. Now adding Quebec city to my travel bucketlist as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's magical! PLEASE go, i would love seeing your cute self there!!! :)

      Delete
  2. Amazing! Such gorgeous photos of this cute city!

    http://www.thetouristoflife.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea that's what Quebec City looks like - it's so charming & inviting!! Makes me want to add this to our list of places to visit! Beautiful pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know, i feel like no one knows about this place! i was shocked at how amazing it was.. a true hidden gem! i hope you go!

      Delete
  4. This place looks super cute! Love your pictures

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it the most charming city ever? I couldn't believe I was in Canada when I was there, but for the -30 degree Celsius weather, plus wind chill mind you! We were there in the middle of a freezing winter and it was completely covered in ice and snow. Needless to say, it was a true winter wonderland.

    I truly loved reading this post; it felt like I was back there (just on a much 'warmer' day)!

    www.lioninthewild.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh i cannot believe you went during the cold months- - we heard they are brutal! probably the only reason that EVERYONE doesn't move to this city !!! i can imagine it's still gorgeous though!

      Delete
  6. It looks like you guys are wandering around the most charming European town ever! What a beautiful place to visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. right?? i was pinching myself to remind myself that we weren't in europe!!

      Delete
  7. Swoon! I just fell in love too! beautiful

    Katie @ www.runningaragnar.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, this is so on my list of places to travel next! It looks amazing! (PS: I LOVE your blog!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're a sweetheart! i'm so glad this is now on your travel list :) it SHOULD be!

      Delete
  9. you're a sweetheart! i'm so glad this is now on your travel list :) it SHOULD be!

    ReplyDelete
  10. had no idea quebec was so incredibly charming. wow. it looks like a fairy tale!
    www.vivreblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know! best discovery! it FELT like a fairy tale.

      Delete
  11. This genuinely looks like a dream. I love that you love the rain. I completely agree that it seems to make everything a touch more romantic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We stayed in the Chateau Frontenac once... you'll definitely have to go back!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have the exact same pictures of me walking through those tunnels and browsing the streets of Old Quebec City! I surprised my husband (then boyfriend) for a weekend getaway trip in February of 2013 and we flew from Toronto to Quebec during the winter - I would advise NOT to go during the winter... I wore every single layer of clothing I brought with me, and no I'm not exaggerating. But we had an amazing time, and I'm so glad you guys did too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. k literally that's mine and Will's next trip.......

    you think i am kidding but that all looks like a dream!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

leave us some love! ♥♥