Saturday, June 28, 2014

couscous with chicken, broccoli, & sun-dried tomatoes


you know how things taste better when camping?
you're out in the wilderness, hiking all day and
roughing it, and an amazing meal is really
noticeable + memorable + appreciated. the
first time we had this dish was while camping
with our besties in yosemite last month, and
we've been craving it ever since. thanks to kendall
for introducing it to us and making it on our trip!
she just threw it together, but here is a recipe
based off of it. we made it this week and loved
it just as much! it's so perfect for summer...
so here you are! go enjoy it as much as we did!
chicken & parmesan couscous 
with broccoli + sundried tomatoes

ingredients:

--2 chicken breasts, baked and cubed
--2 cups broccoli, cooked
--1/3 cup chopped sundried tomatoes, drained from jar
--1 package (5.9 ounce) parmesan couscous mix // we used near east brand
--1 clove garlic, minced (optional)

directions:

// cook chicken and broccoli (with garlic) separately, set aside.
// cook couscous over stove according to package directions.
// mix chicken and broccoli into couscous, then add in sundried tomatoes.
// mix well and serve warm! you'll love the flavor combination.
enjoy! xo

7 comments:

  1. I love that you shared the Yosemite camping recipe. I am excited to make it when we get settled in the mission home. Your recipes are going to be my favorites! I also loved the blog and giveaway from Bloomingsales! Such a cute feature. I am so happy I was with you and so appreciative of the darling scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so delicious! I am totally going to try it soon. I love all your recipes. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chicken, broccoli, coscous.. um, I think this salad was made for me. Those are all my favorite things! I'm definitely saving this-- yum, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sound super good!!
    I just found out your blog and I think is super cute, keep bloggin:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds delicious! I love sundried tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this looks and sounds so delicious. camping sounds like so much fun. i have done it every summer as a child but not to much as a grown up. would love to though. and it must've been that much more fun at yosemite!

    ReplyDelete

leave us some love! ♥♥